Thursday, September 29, 2011

Maharastra Police: Police Achievements: महाराष्ट्र पुलिस एकेडमी के 106 साल के इतिहास में पहली बार रचा इतिहास, महिला ट्रेनी PSI को मिली Sword of Honour....

IGREW up in Shivajinagar police line. The best thing my father did was he always told me the job of cop is an opportunity to serve the country and made me believe I can be a police officer if I work hard,” said a proud Kalpana Sawant, the first woman in the history of 106 years of Maharashtra Police Academy in Nashik to be awarded the Sword of Honour, given to the best trainee police sub-inspector in the batch.
Kalpana (23), who joined the Pune police as a staffer through a recruitment drive in 2006, said, “I always aspired to be an officer. After Class XII, I joined as a police staffer because the drive was on and I met all requirements. After serving for three years, I decided to pursue a degree in political science and simultaneously prepare for competitive exam for police sub-inspector’s post.” Kalpana was awarded the Sword of Honour at the passing out parade of the Maharashtra Police Academy on Thursday. On Saturday, she was felicitated in Pune by DGP Ajit Parasnis. In 2010, Kalpana not only cracked the exam in the first attempt but also stood second among all girls who qualified. Her father Bhausaheb Sawant is an assistant sub-inspector with Swargate police and elder brother is a constable at Vishrantwadi police station. Her mother is a homemaker. The family is from Dingale village in Sawantwadi. “But I was born and brought up in Pune and attended Apte Prashala. My higher secondary education till Class XII was at Modern College. I completed BA in political science externally from the University of Pune and am pursuing MA in the same subject.”

No comments:

Post a Comment